Comet light and smoke lifebuoy marker
Used in emergency to mark position of man overboard
The comet light and smoke lifebuoy marker features 15 minutes of dense orange smoke and a self-activated
lighting system which far exceeds solas requirements for light output and duration.It is mounted on a ships bridge wing with the bracket supplied and is attached by line to a lifebuoy.The signal is used to mark the position of a man overboard by day or night. It can be automatically deployed by releasing the attached lifebuoy, or manually activated.
- Day and night signal attached to 4kg lifebuoy and used in emergency to mark position of man overboard
- Provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke
- Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration
- Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water
- Lithium battery sealed for life - no annual replacement
- Automatic or manual deployment
- Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Usually mounted on a ships bridge wing
- Tested to survive a 60m drop into water (SOLAS 30m)
- Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard
- This compact unit is ideally stored in good magazine conditions in an upright
- position, mounted to its stainless steel bracket in our original packaging.<>
- Onboard vessel: two units are normally required to be carried. Mounted inverted and attached to a Lifebuoy. Usually positioned on each Bridge wing and need a clear, uninterupted drop into the water.<>
- 1. Signal and lifebuoy mounted on bridge wing in ready to fire position.
- 2. Release locking pin and lifebuoy falls, automatically deploying marker.
- 3. Alternatively, manually throw lifebuoy overboard.
- Produces dense orange smoke - do not inhale.
- Do not fire in a confined space
- Keep out of reach of children
- Only for emergency use at sea
- If damaged or dented do not use
- Do not dismantle
- Keep away from source of heat
- Do not use after expiry date
- Pyrotechnics must be treated as hazardous waste and must be disposed of responsibly in accordance with local regulations.
- Conforms to SOLAS 74/88 as amended. IMO Resolution MSC 81 (70) part 1. MED.96/98/EC. SBG 422.006 and other maritime authorities worldwide.
||453 mm (17.83ins)
||275 mm (10.83ins)
||4.7 kgs (10.36 lbs)
|Weight - including bracket
||6.7 kg (14.77 lbs)
||2 x 2.4v 1.2A
|Operating temp range
||-1°C - + 30°C
|Storing temp range
||-30°C - + 65°C
|Colour of light
||2 candela for 2 hours
|Use with lifebuoy weighing
||4.0 kgs (8.82lbs)
| Attach to lifebuoy with line
||4 m (13ft) long, 9.5 mm (0.37ins) diameter
||Comet Light Smoke Signal MOB