Comet light and smoke lifebuoy marker
Used in emergency to mark position of man overboard
The Comet Light and Smoke Lifebuoy Marker features a self-activated lighting system which far exceeds SOLAS requirements for light output and duration, and also provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke. The Comet Smoke Signal is identical except that it does not feature the lighting system.
- day and night signal attached to Lifebuoy and used in emergency to mark position of man overboard
- provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke
- far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration
- safe to use on petrol or oil covered water
- lithium battery sealed for life - no annual replacement
- automatic or manual deployment
- universal stainless steel mounting bracket
- tested to survive a 60m drop into water (SOLAS 30m)
- ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard
- Two units are normally carried onboard mounted on each bridge wing.
- 1. Signal and Lifebuoy mounted on bridge wing in ready to fire position.
- 2. Release locking pin and lifebuoy falls, automatically deploying marker.
- 3. Alternatively, manually throw lifebuoy overboard.
||453 mm (17.83 ins)
||275 mm (10.83 ins)
||4.7 kgs (10.36 lbs)
|Weight - including bracket
||6.7 kg (14.77 lbs)
||2 x 2.4v 1.2A
|Operating temp range
||-1°C - +30°C
||2 candela for 2 hours
||SOLAS 74/88 as amended. IMO Resolution MSC 81 (70) part 1. MED.96/98/EC. SBG 422.006
||Comet Light Smoke Signal MOB