The Dräger X-am 5000 belongs to a new generation of gas detectors, developed especially for personal monitoring applications. This 1 to 5-gas detector reliably measures combustible gases and vapors as well as O2 and harmful concentrations of O3, Cl2, CO, CO H2-CP, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, PH3, SO2, COCl2, organic vapors, Odorant and Amine.
- 01Ergonomic mobile phone design
- Despite its advanced functionality, the Dräger X-am 5000's practical mobile phone design and light weight make it comfortable to carry. Reduced to its essentials, the two button control panel and easy to follow menu allow for intuitive use.
- 02Flexible sensor exchange
- It is easy to exchange, upgrade or calibrate the sensors to other gases. The ability to customize the Dräger X-am 5000's sensors makes more applications possible, including rental equipment.
- 03Poison-resistant Ex Sensor
- For improved safety when facing unknown and potentially explosive hazards the Dräger X-am 5000 provides dependable warnings in the event of explosive atmospheres thanks to the high level of sensitivity of the innovative catalytic Ex sensor. It not only responds quickly to explosive gases and combustible organic vapors, but is also highly resistant against sensor poisons such as silicone and hydrogen sulfide. In combination with its long term stability this offers an extraordinary long expected sensor lifetime of more than 4 years. This will reduce your operational costs.
- 04Durable Sensor technology
- Equipped with durable XXS sensor technology, the Dräger X-am 5000 offers maximum security at extremely low operational costs. The sensor's resistance, in combination with its long term stability, provides the sensor with a lifetime in excess of four years, which can help reduce your operational costs.
- 05Robust and water-tight
- The Dräger X-am 5000 is water and dust resistant according to IP 67 standards. This means that the detector remains fully functional and ready for use even after being dropped into water. The integrated rubber protection and shock-proof sensors provide additional resistance to impact and vibration. Moreover, the Dräger X-am 5000 is resistant to electromagnetic interference.
- 06External pump
- The optional external pump, which operates with a hose up to 30 (98 feet) meters long, makes it possible to use the detector for pre-entry measurements into confined spaces such as tanks, shafts, etc. The pump starts automatically when the detector is inserted.
- 07Area Monitoring
- In combination with the Dräger X-zone 5000 the gas detector can be used for various area monitoring applications. Up to 25 Dräger X-zone 5000 units can be automatically interconnected to form a wireless fenceline. This interconnection of the area monitoring devices allows for the fast securing of larger areas, e.g. pipelines or industrial tanks even within the scope of industrial shutdowns.
- 08Optimum solutions for function or bump tests and calibrations
- Simple, fast and professional: from a function or bump test to complete documentation, users can choose from a range of practical, on-site solutions that offer maximum safety for every application. The Dräger E-Cal automatic test and calibration station and the Dräger Bump Test Station are ideal system extensions that save time and reduce workload. Fresh air, mixed gas and single gas calibrations can be done directly using the Dräger X-am 5000 menu.
- 09Flexible power supply
- The Dräger X-am 5000 can be used with either the standard alkaline or rechargeable NiIMH batteries. In addition, it can be fitted with a T4 battery that can be charged while still inside the instrument. An optional Save Energy Mode makes it possible to increase the operating time of Dräger X-am 5000 to more than 40 hours. This is done by selecting a measurement interval of either 1 second (the standard), 10 or 20 seconds for the CatEx sensor.
|Dimensions||48 x 130 x 44 mm|
|Weight||approx. 220 gr|
|Temperature||-20°C tot +50°C|
|Pressure||700 tot 1300 mbar|
|Humidity||10 to 95% r.v.|
|Ingress Protection||IP 67|
|Operating times||> 12 hours (without Ex sensor > 700 hours) when using the Save Energy Mode > 40 hours|
|Charging times||< 4 hours|
|Data logger||Can be read out via Infrared > 1,000 hours with 5 gases and a recording interval of 1 value per minute|
|Pump operation||Maximum hose length 30 meter|
|Approvals||ATEX I M1 Ex ia I
II 1G Ex ia IIC T3 (Zone 0)
I M2 Ex d ia I
II 2G Ex d ia IIC T4/T3
Measurement performance certificate according to:
- EN 50104 (2002) + A1 (2004) O2
- EN 45544 CO & H2S
- EN 60079-29-1:2007 Methane to Nonane
- EN 50271:2001 Software and Documentation
UL Class I & II, Div. 1 Group A, B, C, D, E, F, G T.-Code T4/T3
CSA Class I, Div. 1 Group A, B, C, D T.-Code T4/T3
IECEx Ex ia I
Ex ia IIC T3
Ex d ia I
Ex d ia IIC T4/T3
CE-mark Electromagnetic compatibility Directive 2004/108/EG; EN 50270:2006
MED Marine Equipment Directive 96/98/EC
|Description||Unit Sales||IMPA no.||Articlenr|
|Dräger X-am 5000 Ex/O2, CO/H2S including battery / charger||1||8320000|
|Dräger X-am 5000 charger||1||8322785|
|Rechargeable NiMH power supply unit T4||1||8318704|
|External pump (max. 20 meter hose length)||1||8319400|
|5 meter extention hose + driver||1||8318371|
|Dräger Sensor XXS H2S||1||6810883|
|Dräger Sensor XXS CO||1||6810882|
|Dräger Cat-Ex 125 sensor||1||6812950|
|Dräger Sensor XXS O2||1||6810881|
|Dräger Sensor XXS CO2||1||6810889|